English Web Design: A Niche for Someone to Fill It might be that my poor Japanese language skills are to blame, sending me on a futile trajectory into the world's most pointless English-language banking website, but I can't help feeling a little frustrated. I've just spent the last 15 minutes looking for some simple information on my bank's site. What's depressing is that the bank's Japanese-language version seems to have a lot more going on, and I'll be buggered if I can't find my 'Babel fish', which in "The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy" provides an instant translation of any language, when I need it. Back in Australia, I can do everything over the Net: the catch is that personal service is often sacrificed - just ask anyone who has spent the last five minutes trying to get through to a real live person on the phone. In Japan, the service is usually outstanding, but the technology often undermines it. Any visitor to Japan will...
Comments
Karl