The Revolution Will be Emailed

By Willhemina Wahlin

The humble email is a sign of extraordinary times. It acts like a huge chain of information that spreads out across the world in a way that our forbearers would have thought impossible. Individuals and groups can get their messages out to people in a much more effective way -- particularly when it comes to the petition.

I receive so many petitions for this and that via email, but due to the unfortunate lack of space left in my grey matter vaults for the daily intake of info, I often don't remember what those petitions were about 5 seconds after I press send.

But one email recently stuck in my mind. It may have simply been its reappearance so many times in my inbox, each new sender compounding upon the urgency of the last, or it could be that I was simply dumbstruck by the tragedy it was telling.


More


Pic above: A quiet street in the town of San Felix, seemingly unaware of what is to come...the town is known for its tracks of vineyards and olive groves. This image is part of a series on San Felix: http://www.123atacamaonline.com/English/pages/-ValSanFelix


This story was orginally published on Friday 23rd June, 2006 for Cheers Magazine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog